Dile Motor Car Company stock certificate - unissued, circa 1913
Very nice vignette of winged Liberty flanked by Greek characters. Circa 1913 based on history and company records.
The company was established in November 1913 by Fred K. Dick and Irvin D. Lengel in Reading (Pennsylvania) founded. The name is derived from the drawing together of the first two letters of the surname of the founder. The first and only model of the company was a 1914 imagined, very lightweight stroller. Regardless of whether the Dile a "real" Cyclecar was or not he shared the fate of the most representative of this category. The company went bankrupt in August 1916, the production ended in early 1917.
The company was sold to Belmount Motor Co. of Lewistown, PA in 1918. The lines of the Dile shown below give it a much larger appearance. The Dile was a light small car of 96 inch wheelbase and a tread width of 46 inches. The racy type fenders and running boards added much to the appearance plus afforded ample protection to the occupants.