Flint Motor Company stock certificate 1928
Beautiful and historic stock certificate from Flint Motor with a very nice top vignette of the FLINT company logo flanked by female figure. Issued, not cancelled 1923 for 10 shares.
The Flint was an automobile marque that was assembled by the Flint Motors Division, Flint, Michigan between 1923 and 1927. Flint Motors was a subsidiary of Durant Motors Company.
The Flint was considered an assembled car because Durant Motors used components manufactured by outside suppliers to build its automobile lines. The cars were powered by a 6 cylinder Continental engine, and its body stampings were made by Budd in Philadelphia. The origins of the Flint can be traced back to the Willys car company, which had been working on a prototype for a proposed 6-cylinder car. Willys had to sell off this prototype as part of its efforts to raise cash during a financial crisis. Once acquired, this prototype was further modified to create the Flint.
Following financial troubles at Durant Motors, the Flint was discontinued in 1927. The Flint was priced to compete with Buick, which was also assembled in Flint, Michigan.