Baltimore National Bank stock certificate 1960's
Very nice vignette of downtown Baltimore and the Inner Harbor. Issued and cancelled. Dated 1960's.
The Baltimore Trust Company closed its doors in February, 1933, and was unable to reopen. It was reorganized in August of the same year as a national banking association under the name of the Baltimore National Bank with a place of business in Baltimore, Md. To set the business going, the Reconstruction Finance Corporation subscribed for the entire issue of preferred stock, 10,000 shares of the par value of $1,000,000. The Reconstruction Finance Corporation was organized in 1932 to give relief to financial institutions in a national emergency and for other and kindred ends.
In 1960, the company was renamed the Maryland National Bank (then MNC Financial) . It merged into NationsBank in 1933. In 1999, the company merged into the Bank of America.