Corrugated Container Company stock certificate 1968
Neat vignette of the company's product (boxes). Great collectible piece. Issued and cancelled. Dated 1968.
Corrugated Container Company was incorporated in 1920 in Columbus, Ohio. The firm's first generation in business appears to have been rather uneventful; by 1945, when it was acquired by Sam S. Davis, the company had only 25 employees and $250,000 in annual sales. The new owner invested heavily in production and warehouse space, opening a box assembly plant in West Virginia in 1953 and more than tripling the headquarters operation from 1945 to 1962. By 1960, annual sales had grown to $6.8 million, with net income of about $213,000. The business became so vital to its community that the city of Columbus named the street it occupied "Corrugated Way" during the 1960s.