Maibohm Motors Company stock certificate 1920
Hand signed by the company president (H.C. Maibohm). Beautiful vignette of Greek female with symbols of industry and the company logo shield. Issued and uncancelled 1920. Small part of the white border is missing at the lower left (not seen in scan) but does not impact the printing and would mat out when framed.
Formed by Harry C. Maibohm who owned and operated The Maibohm Wagon Co. in Racine, WI prior to 1916. The Maibohm Wagon Co. was reorganized into The Maibohm Motors Co. in 1916 and began producing The Maibohm automobile in 1917.
From 1917 to 1919 The Maibohm Motors Co. produced about 6,000 American Automobiles that sold for $300.00 to $500.00. The first Maibohm automobiles were a model A two passenger speedster and two passenger coupe followed by a Model B five passenger touring car and five passenger enclosed car. All four automobiles used a four cylinder engine up to 1918. After that date a larger and more powerful Falls Six cylinder engine was used. This line of Maibohm Automobiles continued to be produced in Racine, WI up to 1919 when a fire completely destroyed the Maibohm Motors Co. factory. The fire occurred on January 1, 1919.
After the fire, The Maibohm Motors Co. moved it's operations to Sandusky, Ohio. and sales increased 247% over 1918. In their new factory The Maibohm Motors Co. planned to produce 7,500 cars in 1920. Their assets totaled over 1,000,000.00 and had successful distributors all over the United States as well as all over the world.
Typical specification of the Maibohm five passenger Phaeton for 1922 included colors of green and burgundy, 116 inch wheelbase, 32 X 4 inch wheels and tires, Six cylinder valve in head engine with 23.5 horsepower and a 3 speed transmission.
Due to the economic down turn in the 1920s The Maibohm Motors Co. was sold to the Arrow Motors Co. in 1922. Shortly there after the Maibohm factory was used to produce the Courier by The Courier Motor Co. of Sandusky, Ohio.